Thursday, January 20, 2011

Unit 3 personal level of wellness; physically, psychologically, and spiritually

1. Upon my own personal reflections, with 10 being the optimal well being, I rate myself under:
Physical Well being a 7
Spiritual wellbeing a 2
Psychological well being 5

Physical Well being is a 7 because I try to work out on a regular basis. I have recently also included yoga again in my regimen. This will also help my spiritual and psychological well being. I also try to eat clean. I am trying to instill healthy living in my children. It was harder with my oldest daughter because along with me having a lifestyle change, my family changed with me. It was hard at times. Switching to wheat spaghetti a few years ago with limited choices was not easy!

Spiritual well being is a 2 because although I do believe in God and Jesus Christ, I have not been in a church for years. There is a church close by that I have been wanting to attend with my family for some time. My schedule is crazy because I work allot of the weekends out of town. Next week I do not work, I will try my very very best to attend next Sunday.

Psychological well being is a 5 because I think there is much room for improvement in this department. Positive thinking and love-kindness toward others will help improve my psychological well being as well as spiritual. One thing I can do to improve this is by letting go of the past and build better relationships with my in-laws.

2. My goal is to attend church next weekend. I just let my family know what the plans are.

3. I would like integrate yoga to my 11 year old. He is very active and cannot wait to join 24 Hour Fitness when he turns 13. I would like for him to try yoga to help him still his mind. For years I was told by various people he had attention deficit disorder. I refused to put him on any medication. What I did do is enroll him in karate and baseball to help him be more patient. Since I changed the family's eating lifestyle for the better, his behavior changed as well.

4. I just finished the link for Crime of the Century. It was very relaxing. I could feel my stress releived with every breath. I especially liked repetition in my life has a meaning, a purpose. It helped me want to achieve my goal even more. I would like to assist those seeking legal statis in this country.
Thanks

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    I know how hard it is to find time for things like working out, church, and other things. The key is to make them a priority and decrease some of the other things in your life. I know it sounds hard, but once you find an outlet to help with these concepts, you will find the time easily. It really does happen, I am an example. I used to think I never had enough time in the day for all I needed to get done. Then, I broke my wrist and realized that the important things will get done and usually all that is needed will find a way of working out. One thing I highly recommend is the book, "The Purpose Driven Life". You only need to read one chapter a day. It is manageable and very compelling.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,

    I knows how hard is for you to balance work with other activities such as going to church and with your son who has a problem with defict disorder. When I was in Cambodia; I did listen to the monk chanting about human spiritual about life after death. They talked about the death that really woke me up. They told me that one has to set your life as the priority of the decision-processing.

    I am not a believer in the higher authority such as god or any religious prefer. I am still believe that when one passed away than one has to judge on what one has done in their previous life such the deady seven sins such as greedy, lust, and among other that I can not remmeber when I was younger. I do believe that buddist ideology or any religous goes through the technique of deep breathing and mediation with the connections of the body and mind spirit. I think that the purpose of living was to experience the human suffering that one might have unduce in their life. I recommend that you should consider what are your priority in life.

    From,
    Vibol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maria,

    Great goals and reflections. I understand fully about finding time to go to church. My weekends are so busy, Ive been wanting to go, but I haven't had a chance to. I haven't been to church in a while as well, and me and my family is very religious. I still pray as much as I can and all, and before meals. I'm glad you set the goal to attend church. I hope you get to make it. Regarding your psychological health, do you think those relaxation techniques we have been listening to in class would help relieve any stress you have? I think that is a good way to clear your mind. And yes, having a better relationship with your in laws will help as well. Good luck.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete