Saturday, February 12, 2011

Universal Loving-Kindness and Integral Assessment

The universal loving exercise made me feel peaceful after the practice. I thought of those who are suffering around the world. I also thought of my family members who are suffereing from obesity. I hope they find their way and conform to a better and healthier lifestyle. I have a sister who has been doing cocaine and recently discovered she was using crystal meth. Though she swears she is no longer doing either, I think the cocaine addiction is taking over her life. With this exercise, I pray she will find her way out of this abuse. My best friend is also an addict. Whenever she drinks, she wants cocaine. It is starting to take over her life. She cannot function in school or work. With this exercise, I hope they no longer suffer.

The integral assessment was an eye-opener. It is very personal to write about this one, so here we go. The psychospiritual I asked myself what drives my life and am I at the level of the connectivity between mind, body, and spirit. With the help of these exercises and practice of yoga, I think I can accomplish this. Family drives my life and the will to better myself and encourage others the same as well.

The second is biological. I have implemented more time for fitness and nutrition throughout this course. I have also seen changes in my physique. I feel so much better about myself. I have also tremendously limited my drinks when out with clients. My face has also cleared up from any blemishes. I have found the apple cider vinegar has helped as well.

The third is interpersonal. My family comes first before personal and community. Now that I have typed it, I am realizing I need to work on personal first. How can I care for others if I do not care for myself first. This is an area which still needs some progress. I also need to be forgiving for those who have wronged me. I have to not let this bother me anymore.

The fourth is  worldly. I think I need some improvement in this area. I will not allow work to mix with my personal life. I can work with generativity by assisting my friend with her homework. She is a beautiful beautiful girl who growing up has used this to finish school. She has others do homework for her. Unfortunately, it shows in her tests and papers when no one is around to do them for her. I will reach out to her to help her, but not do the homework for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment